Erik Hemingway is a father, sailor, traveler, and host of The Family Adventure Podcast where he shares the adventures of families who travel together and live to tell the tale. The story of his own family’s incredible journey has been featured on NBC, FOX and Today.
In this episode we talk about the spark that led to a journey of 16,000 miles aboard a 37 foot Dean catamaran with his family of seven (and in the middle of the adventure becoming eight), and why putting the deposit down on the boat was even scarier than crossing the Atlantic Ocean in it.
I am really excited to have Erik on the Podcast for two reasons.
- He has been on an adventure that many people dream about but never find the time or courage to take.
- He has also started a podcast to share the stories of other families like his who are traveling on their own terms.
IN THIS EPISODE:
- Why he was ready for an adventure
- What it was like to drop anchor for the first time
- Homeschooling on the boat
- Sailing up a river in Africa and seeing hippos in the wild
- How he crossed the Atlantic Ocean in 16 days with his family of 8
- Why he started his podcast
“If we can do what we’ve done, then absolutely anybody can do it. ” [Tweet This]
CONNECT WITH ERIK:
FAMILY ADVENTURE PODCASTS
35 – Family Road Trip Across Australia
MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
PLEASE SUBSCRIBE AND REVIEW:
Discover The Road can be delivered to your device of choice whenever a new episode is released.
And if you are enjoying the show please do me a huge favor and leave an honest review on iTunes. Reviews help the show grow and allow the stories to reach more people. Leave A Review Here.