Chris Schwab is an independent filmmaker who grew up in North Carolina and started making his own films in high school. He has since moved to Los Angeles and made two feature films, Look Closer and Neither Day Nor Night, as well as a number of shorts.
His early exposure to Martin Scorsese’s Goodfella’s left a deep impression on him and he has been learning and growing as a filmmaker ever since.
His latest film Look Closer has just won Best Narrative Feature at the Los Angeles Reel Film Festival and was also an official selection at the Cape Fear Independent Film Festival.
When I was looking for someone to create the trailers for my book he was the first person I called. I have also had the pleasure of working with Chris to help him craft the sound mix for both of these features.
I asked Chris to be on the Podcast for two reasons.
- Because he is able to imagine something he wants to create and regardless of the obstacles before him, money, time, or resources, he seems to have a way of making it happen.
- He is one of the kindest, most down to earth people I have ever met.
IN THIS EPISODE:
- How realizing his comic book skills were not what he had hoped they would be lead him to discover his passion for making films
- Why he studies great filmmakers like Scorsese and Orson Wells
- How he was able to steal shots at the Hunger Games premiere
- What it was like to survive a storm on a boat while crossing Cape Fear
“One thing that I like about filmmaking is that it can take you to these places that maybe you wouldn’t have gone to before “.
CONNECT WITH CHRIS:
BOOKS AND RESOURCES
PLEASE SUBSCRIBE AND REVIEW:
Discover The Road can be delivered to your device of choice whenever a new episode is released.
And if you are enjoying the show please do me a huge favor and leave an honest review on iTunes. Reviews help the show grow and allow the stories to reach more people. Leave A Review Here.